We are Hiring!
# Web UI/UX Designer
The designer at Tusitala will work with a small team, and be involved in almost all projects. We assess candidates based on their attitudes, stretch potential, and openness to learning. We welcome individuals who have a wide range of interests, prefer a democratic workplace culture, and enjoy puns and random comments.
- Gather, understand, evaluate and integrate business requirements and users’ needs, in collaboration with project managers and programmers
- Illustrate design ideas with storyboards, process flows, sitemaps and responsive wireframe prototypes
- Develop user experience mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how web-based platforms function and look like
- Create digital artwork including logos, gifs, digital banners, social media assets, etc.
- Keep abreast of emerging digital and design trends and share them with the team
- Produce eBook covers, and supplementary marketing collateral (websites, bookmarks, name cards, etc.) for eBooks, when required
- Manage interns and freelancers, when required
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and strong technical aptitude to learn new software and hardware
- Work independently and collaboratively, and communicate well with team
- Excellent visual communication, and good verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, fairly structured, and a creative and active problem-solver
- Strong ownership of projects and values prompt delivery
- Display attention to detail, as well as a genuine desire to produce excellent work
- Minimum 1-year working experience in a full-time capacity in a similar role, ideally some experience working with small teams
Nice to Haves
- Interest in experimenting with 2D animation, believes in the awesomeness of gifs
- Able to manage production, make material recommendations and offer solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices, media platforms, networks and resources, etc.
- Interested in stories, narrative, books, audiobooks, immersive technology, etc.
- Illustration and/or photography skills
Tell us about yourself and why you would like to work at Tusitala. Please attach your CV and portfolio, and an appropriate gif that best represents you. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email us at email@example.com
Tusitala is a digital storytelling studio that reimagines the future of reading where tech meets art. We publish eBooks, produce and transmedia stories, and introduce storytellers to different technologies. We use our expertise in technology, UI, UX and design to transcend the traditional boundaries of print and digital.
Tusitala started in 2010 and is based in Singapore. It means “teller of tales” in Samoan. It was the nickname given to author Robert Louis Stevenson by the locals of Samoa, where he spent the last years of his life telling stories. Our work embodies the essence of a storyteller: using different mediums and techniques to deliver a powerful message to audiences.
Our logo is a kitsune, an enchanted nine-tailed fox that casts spells of illusion and designs rich worlds that the others see, feel and perceive as real. Inspired by its intelligence, mischievousness, and shape-shifting abilities, Tusitala’s values are knowledge, creative rebellion, and versatility.
With a transmedia mindset, you don’t have to choose between print and digital.
Stories on Site: On Trek to Otter Greatness
Stories on Site: Kallang River Quest
The Serial Short Story Project: “Ghosted” by Xie Shi Min
Serial Short Story Experiment
The Serial Short Story Project: “The House Next Door” by Suffian Hakim
Serial Short Story Experiment
We’re happiest when we’re working on projects that allow us to be creative and experimental. And, we think, our best work is yet to be done.
Curious about what we’ve worked on?
When creating for digital, technology should augment – not distract from – content.
Local stories, global reach. Ebooks are a great way to get your stories published and distributed across the world.
Check out our ebook publishing packages to kickstart your digital publishing journey!
- Up to 200-Page PDF
- Distribution of ebook to major stores
- With revenue share
- Everything in Basic package
- eBook cover design
- Web design from basic templates
- With revenue share
- Up to 300-Page PDF
- 2 eBook cover designs to choose from
- Web design from premium templates
- With revenue share
We will contact you soon.
|Revenue Model||*Revenue sharing||*Revenue sharing||*Revenue sharing|
|File Required||^Up to 200-page PDF||^Up to 200-page PDF||^Up to 300-page PDF|
|Distribution||Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play Books, & E-Sentral||Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play Books, & E-Sentral||Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play Books, & E-Sentral|
|eBook Cover||1 Cover design proposed||Up to 2 Cover designs proposed|
|Website||1 Website design proposed featuring author & book||1 Website design proposed featuring author, book and blog|
|Showcase||Listed on Tusitala's website||Listed on Tusitala's website||Listed on Tusitala's website|
|Marketing via Tusitala Blog|
|Marketing via Twitter|
|Marketing via Facebook/Instagram|
Technology has changed the conversation between the story and the audience
Since 2020, Tusitala has worked on a few projects with simple AR and VR (Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality). Check out what we’ve done so far as we explore the future of Extended Reality (XR)! It is a term which is getting us excited – especially when more people are turning to the digital experience…
Order your next bite from Local Flavours, and let us put words in your mouth! Bringing together 15 pairs of Singapore-based illustrators and poets, this playful take on food delivery celebrates well-loved hawker dishes through an eclectic mix of cuisines and poetic styles. Cooking up something new We came up with the idea of creating…
Telling a Good Story According to Maryanne Wolf, the author of Reader Come Home, “Every story introduces the child to a new piece of information about how others think and feel, and a chance to try this on themselves without fear.” Stories are the birthplace of “compassionate imagination”, where we build an understanding of “others”….
“Stories on Site”, as a concept, was a response to the heightened interest in 100% digital arts projects for the second half of 2020, when there was much uncertainty about how social distancing measures would go and the feasibility of in-person arts programmes in light of COVID-19. The idea had been brewing in our heads…
Conceptualising Arthur Yap’s “Nightjar”, the fourth in the little red comma 6-part series was one of our most enjoyable yet challenging creations. Why did we decide to use a 3D virtual interactive environment and what were the difficulties we encountered along the way? Firstly, we started out with a few criteria when deciding how the…
The future of storytelling is here. Ride the wave with us.
We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line.
Address: 284 River Valley Road
#01-01 Singapore 238325