Join Our Team
We are looking for a Web UI/UX Designer. Priority will be given to skilled creatives, team players, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
If this is you, connect with us today! More details about the roles and how to apply, here.
We are Hiring!
# Web UI/UX Designer
The designer at Tusitala will work with a small team, and be involved in almost all projects. We assess candidates based on their attitudes, stretch potential, and openness to learning. We welcome individuals who have a wide range of interests, prefer a democratic workplace culture, and enjoy puns and random comments.
- Gather, understand, evaluate and integrate business requirements and users’ needs, in collaboration with project managers and programmers
- Illustrate design ideas with storyboards, process flows, sitemaps and responsive wireframe prototypes
- Develop user experience mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how web-based platforms function and look like
- Create digital artwork including logos, gifs, digital banners, social media assets, etc.
- Keep abreast of emerging digital and design trends and share them with the team
- Produce eBook covers, and supplementary marketing collateral (websites, bookmarks, name cards, etc.) for eBooks, when required
- Manage interns and freelancers, when required
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and strong technical aptitude to learn new software and hardware
- Work independently and collaboratively, and communicate well with team
- Excellent visual communication, and good verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, fairly structured, and a creative and active problem-solver
- Strong ownership of projects and values prompt delivery
- Display attention to detail, as well as a genuine desire to produce excellent work
- Minimum 1-year working experience in a full-time capacity in a similar role, ideally some experience working with small teams
Nice to Haves
- Interest in experimenting with 2D animation, believes in the awesomeness of gifs
- Able to manage production, make material recommendations and offer solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices, media platforms, networks and resources, etc.
- Interested in stories, narrative, books, audiobooks, immersive technology, etc.
- Illustration and/or photography skills
Tell us about yourself and why you would like to work at Tusitala. Please attach your CV and portfolio, and an appropriate gif that best represents you. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email us at email@example.com
Tusitala is a digital publisher that champions access and innovation. We publish eBooks, produce and transmedia stories, and introduce storytellers to different technologies. We use our expertise in technology, UI, UX and design to transcend the traditional boundaries of print and digital.
Tusitala started in 2010 and is based in Singapore. It means “teller of tales” in Samoan. It was the nickname given to author Robert Louis Stevenson by the locals of Samoa, where he spent the last years of his life telling stories. Our work embodies the essence of a storyteller: using different mediums and techniques to deliver a powerful message to audiences.
Our logo is a kitsune, an enchanted nine-tailed fox native to East Asian folklore. A consummate storyteller, the kitsune casts spells of illusion and seduction, designing rich worlds that the victim sees, feels and perceives as real. Inspired by the kitsune’s intelligence, mischievousness, and ability to take on other forms, Tusitala’s values are knowledge, creative rebellion, and versatility.
With a transmedia mindset, you don’t have to choose between print and digital.
What We Do
Today’s content creator is a listener. You find your audience, listen to them, figure out how and where they might interact with your story, and deliver it to them in their preferred ways. Let us handle the delivery while you do what you’re best at.
For authors, eBooks mean a simpler workflow, lower upfront costs, and faster entry to market.
eBooks now account for about a quarter of global book sales. Publishers also save costs (printing, inventory, distribution, etc.) and recover lost revenue resulting from titles being out-of-print or out-of-stock.
Readers get eBooks faster and cheaper, have easier access to indie or out-of-print titles, and no longer have to worry about overflowing shelves and carrying bulky books.
Get a taste of how technology can enhance storytelling through these hands-on, experimental workshops.
We’ll introduce you to various recipes, which come with their own fancy tools and exotic ingredients, and equip you with the skills to cook up various stories.
The Storytellers’ Kitchen is founded on the spirit of experimentation and collaborative design; dive in and get your hands dirty!
Nine Tales is a work-in-progress eBook store that showcases innovative transmedia titles.
These include enhanced eBooks, augmented reality picture books for children, poetry collections complemented with audio, choose-your-own-adventure stories told with VR360 technology, etc.
We aim to produce at least nine different formats for storytellers to choose from, so get in touch if you have a work to propose.
When creating for digital, technology should augment – not distract from – content.
Local stories, global reach. Ebooks are a great way to get your stories published and distributed across the world.
Check out our ebook publishing packages to kickstart your digital publishing journey!
- Up to 200-Page PDF
- Distribution of ebook to major stores
- Marketing of ebook
- With revenue share
- Everything in Basic package
- eBook cover design
- Web design from basic templates
- With revenue share
- Up to 300-Page PDF
- 2 eBook cover designs to choose from
- Web design from premium templates
- With revenue share
We will contact you soon.
|Revenue Model||*Revenue sharing||*Revenue sharing||*Revenue sharing|
|File Required||^Up to 200-page PDF||^Up to 200-page PDF||^Up to 300-page PDF|
|Distribution||Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play Books, & E-Sentral||Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play Books, & E-Sentral||Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Apple Books, Google Play Books, & E-Sentral|
|eBook Cover||1 Cover design proposed||Up to 2 Cover designs proposed|
|Website||1 Website design proposed featuring author & book||1 Website design proposed featuring author, book and blog|
|Showcase||Listed on Tusitala's website||Listed on Tusitala's website||Listed on Tusitala's website|
|Marketing via Tusitala Blog|
|Marketing via Twitter|
|Marketing via Facebook/Instagram|
Technology has changed the conversation between the story and the audience
The Big Blue Book
Grim Granary 2
Watercolors – Aaron Wong
Super Cool Books (Version 2)
We’re happiest when we’re working on projects that allow us to be creative and experimental. And, we think, our best work is yet to be done.
Curious about what we’ve worked on?
All the fun happens at the nexus of technology, design and stories.
Tusitala partnered with Joy Works for a team-building session that reflected just how the team likes to move forward by looking back at the things they’ve done. In part as a way to link projects together, and partly as a feel-good journey down memory lane, the team had a great time revisiting successes. From…
About me I’m a professional freelance fantasy and sci-fi artist who’s been working in the games industry for more than a decade. I started out as concept artist for video games before becoming a full-time illustrator. Having collaborated with Fantasy Flight Games since 2012, I’ve produced hundreds of artworks for hobby games including Warhammer, Arkham…
The Asian Festival of Children’s Content, or the AFCC, is an annual event held by the Singapore Book Council at the National Library of Singapore. Comprising professional conferences, workshops, talks, and a book fair, the AFCC aims to celebrate and promote the creation of children’s content, with a focus on Asian themes. Parents…
Sudan’s incredibly rich cultural and music offerings are unfortunately often hidden from the world underneath all the ongoing political turmoil and violence. Known throughout the region for their poetry and their surprisingly-catchy music and oral storytelling traditions, one group aims to change how we view Sudan. They recognize the “”immense gap in independent, gender and…
Have you always had a powerful imagination? Yes, to the point that I was told in school that my imagination was too wild. It baffled me. You either had an imagination or you didn’t, how wild could it be? In fact, I would’ve thought, the wilder the better. What do you think brought this…
The future of storytelling is here. Ride the wave with us.
We’d love to hear from you! Drop us a line or head on over. We’ve got lots of coffee, cool geeky stuff you can try out and of course, smiles in abundance.
Address: 284 River Valley Road
#01-01 Singapore 238325
We will contact you soon.