Freelance Web Developers (Project Basis)
Tusitala is looking for freelance web developers, ideally from Singapore. We hope to build a network of 4-5 reliable web developers willing to work with the team at Tusitala on various web-based projects on a project basis. Our projects are developed using immersive technologies and the developer gets to develop something with a passion for building experiences, not just static interfaces working with creatives such as writers and illustrators, and usually take three to five months. We are looking for someone who won’t settle for rollovers and a few fadeIn/fadeOuts.
- Working closely with web designers and programmers to create websites using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Develop and implement UI/UX design wireframes to revamp an existing corporate website
- Take ownership and drive effective closure to complex or escalated technical issues
- Document troubleshooting methodology and resolution steps
- Ensure codes are in compliance with standards
- Other technical tasks such as daily committing code via GIT
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, GSAP, PixiJS and ThreeJs
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience using a version-control system for tracking changes in source code such as GIT
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Strong UI/UX design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Good communication, analytical and conceptual skills
Nice to Haves
- Familiar with server-side PHP frameworks – WordPress, Laravel
- Familiar with WebXR API or similar web frameworks such as AFrame
- Some experience in an office environment, ideally working with small teams, requires administrative and professional communication skills.
- Interest in books, the arts, and tech
If you’re interested in working with us, please send in your CV and portfolio, and an appropriate gif that best represents you to email@example.com.
We are always on the look out for capable, committed and creative interns in the following areas:
- Editorial, research and arts management
- Design, illustration or animation
- Web development
Full- or -part-time internship positions are available on a rolling basis, usually capped at 1 person for each of the three areas above. We prefer for interns to commit to at least 3 months with us, and for a maximum of 6.
Drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short message about what you are interested in, and attach your CV and portfolio.