If you have any questions, you may send an email to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Policy describes the personal information that we collect from you through this website or applications and how the information would be used and disclosed.
In this Policy, “personal data” means any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
By using this website or any of the applications, you will be deemed to have consented to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with this Policy. This Policy is incorporated into and subject to the terms of the Tusitala User Agreement.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting personal data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience when you use this website or any of our applications. This allows us to provide services and features to meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal data about you that we consider reasonable and necessary for achieving this purpose. If you choose to use the services on this website or any of our applications, we may require you to provide your contact and identity information and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms, including name, company name and UEN, contact numbers, email address and postal address. Where possible, we will indicate which fields are mandatory and which fields are optional. If you do not provide the information requested by us, you may not be able to use a particular service we offer or one or more features in our website.
In some situations, we may require you to provide financial information, including your bank account information or credit card details. This information is used to process payments.
3. OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal data to facilitate the services you request. We also use your personal data with other information that we have collected from your current and past activities on the website or our applications to:
- attend to your queries;
- troubleshoot technical problems;
- help promote safe online transactions;
- collect payments;
- measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates;
- customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity.
You agree that we may use your personal data for the aforesaid purposes, which are intended to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our online content, layout, and services. Such use of your personal data will enable us to constantly improve our website and applications and tailor them to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the website or applications. We will get your consent before using your Personal Data for any other purpose, unless we are not required to do so by law.
The purposes listed above may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
We will retain your Personal Data only for the length of time required to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected, save where continued retention is necessary for us to comply with our other legal obligations or to meet our business requirements.
4. OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
5. YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data. You may write to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com to:
- Correct or update your Personal Data;
- Reasonably request for access to your Personal Data. Do note that you may face reasonable charges for our provision of the Personal Data;
- Request for information relating to our use or disclosure of your Personal Data;
- Withdraw your consent and request that we stop processing your Personal Data for certain purposes;
- Delete any Personal Data we no longer have legally permissible grounds to use; or
- Make a report about any actual or potential breach of security in relation to your Personal Data.
We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) calendar days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. Note that for withdrawal of consent, we will process your request within 10 days, and if that is not possible we will inform you the reason and process your request within 30
Do note that we may not be obliged to comply with your requests under certain conditions as prescribed by the applicable law. In such an event, we will notify you accordingly of the basis for not acceding to your request.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We use procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal data against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy, including encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. We treat personal data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. If you are aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.We have internal procedures in place requiring our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal data held by us.
However, as you can appreciate, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and we cannot be held responsible for any event arising from unauthorised access to your personal data that was not due to our default or negligence. We will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorised access to your personal data that was
beyond our control.
All of our employees who deal with Personal Data are trained in the proper handling and protection of Personal Data.
Any data protection breach will be handled in accordance with our internal procedures, a copy of which may be obtained from our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
7. EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
7.1 Where we collect, use or disclose the personal data of residents of the EU, we will also comply with any specific requirement of the GDPR:
- We will not collect sensitive data, such as, race, ethnicity, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, or sexual orientation unless
- you give explicit consent
- it is in your vital interests that we collect the data
- is required for legal claims, public health, scientific or historical research purposes, or
- it is required for reasons of substantial public interest.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website and online purchase confirmation emails, may contain links to other websites, whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy policies of these other companies and we encourage you to consult their privacy policies before using their websites.
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time as we expand our services. We will post a notice on our home page to inform you that an update has been made. Your use of the website or applications after this Policy has been updated will be deemed acceptance of the updated Policy.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, you may send an email to to our Data Protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 20 Feb 2023.