We are looking to fill two positions:
Web UI/UX Designer
The UI/UX designer at Tusitala is in charge of designing websites, from ideation to prototyping and usability testing. They will be required to work independently in a small team and take the lead in all project design. They will work closely with the project manager, developer as well as freelance designers and illustrators (where required) to interpret our clients’ vision into a visual concept and product.
At Tusitala, we learn and improve continually to stay ahead of the curve. We almost never do the same thing twice, and strive for innovative and experimental approaches to digital storytelling.
We assess candidates based on attitudes, stretch potential, and interest in doing experimental work. The ideal candidate would want to challenge themselves and is confident and excited to do what has not been done before. We welcome individuals who have a wide range of interests, prefer a democratic workplace culture, and enjoy working in small, flexible teams.
- Conceptualize creative ideas and translate the project vision into compelling visuals
- Gather, understand, evaluate and integrate business requirements and users’ needs, in collaboration with project managers and programmers
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, design mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and high-quality user experiences
- Run usability testing sessions and UAT interviews
- Create digital assets for company branding, including logos, GIFs, digital banners, social media assets, etc.
- Manage design interns and freelancers, when required
- Demonstrable UI design skills, with a strong and diverse portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe XD), Figma, and SketchExcellent visual design skills, with sensitivity to user-system interaction and an eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, able to convey concepts and ideas to clients and colleagues effectively
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- A versatile self-starter who is comfortable with unstructured work environments
- Strong work ethic, takes ownership of projects and values prompt delivery
- Effective time management and highly organised
- Knowledgeable about best practices for web and digital design, and has a solid grasp of user experience research and principles
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in a full-time capacity in a similar role, ideally some experience working with small teams
Nice to Haves
- Strong initiative, experience taking the lead when it comes to design
- Interest or experience in art and tech projects, experimental work
- Interested in stories, narrative, books, audiobooks, immersive technology, etc.
- Illustration and/or photography skills
How to apply
Regretfully, we are only able to hire Singaporeans or PRs. If you are interested in the position, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A cover letter
- Your CV and portfolio
- At least two references you have worked for or with in the past three years
- An appropriate gif that best represents you
Freelance Web Developers (Project Basis)
Tusitala is looking for freelance web developers, ideally from Singapore. We hope to build a network of 4-5 reliable web developers willing to work with the team at Tusitala on various web-based projects on a project basis. Our projects are developed using immersive technologies and the developer gets to develop something with a passion for building experiences, not just static interfaces working with creatives such as writers and illustrators, and usually take three to five months. We are looking for someone who won’t settle for rollovers and a few fadeIn/fadeOuts.
- Working closely with web designers and programmers to create websites using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Develop and implement UI/UX design wireframes to revamp an existing corporate website
- Take ownership and drive effective closure to complex or escalated technical issues
- Document troubleshooting methodology and resolution steps
- Ensure codes are in compliance with standards
- Other technical tasks such as daily committing code via GIT
- Diploma / Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, GSAP, PixiJS and ThreeJs
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience using a version-control system for tracking changes in source code such as GIT
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Strong UI/UX design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Good communication, analytical and conceptual skills
Nice to Haves
- Familiar with server-side PHP frameworks – WordPress, Laravel
- Familiar with WebXR API or similar web frameworks such as AFrame
- Some experience in an office environment, ideally working with small teams, requires administrative and professional communication skills.
- Interest in books, the arts, and tech
If you’re interested in working with us, please send in your CV and portfolio, and an appropriate gif that best represents you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always on the look out for capable, committed and creative interns in the following areas:
- Editorial, research and arts management
- Design, illustration or animation
- Web development
Full- or -part-time internship positions are available on a rolling basis, usually capped at 1 person for each of the three areas above. We prefer for interns to commit to at least 3 months with us, and for a maximum of 6.
Drop us a message at email@example.com with a short message about what you are interested in, and attach your CV and portfolio.