We are Hiring!
Graphic design and illustration intern
We are looking for a full-time intern, for a minimum of eight weeks, who will work with the team at Tusitala to design interactive reading experiences for a choose-your-own-adventure style web story, and a food-related poetry website. They will also support the team in creating other design collateral, such as for branding, events, social media assets, etc.
If required, the intern might also assist in other aspects of work such as design research and administration. Depending on the individual’s interest and availability of work, they can also get involved in other aspects of production such as editorial and web development.
We are looking for someone with a range of design and multimedia skills, an interest in reading and literature, as well as food. We welcome individuals who are excited about the intersection of the literary arts and technology.
- Create assets such as UI icons, spot illustrations, etc.
- Create adaptations of illustrations for different uses such as social media posts and templates
- Design and create digital layouts as PDFs for a downloadable gift pack
- Work with the inhouse UI/UX designer and consulting company to propose and execute the look and feel of projects
- Assist in designing and running user tests for platforms
- Support team on revamping corporate website
- Produce other design collateral, such as for branding, events, social media assets, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign), and strong aptitude to learn new software
- Intermediate illustration skills
- Creative and able to propose novel solutions and approaches
- Interest in books, the arts, and tech
Nice to Haves
- Experience with branding and developing visual identities
- Experience with basic animation, and creating social media filters
- Familiar with Figma, Miro, or other UI design tools
- Some experience in an office environment, ideally working with small teams
- Interest in interactive fiction, visual novels, etc.
Tell us about yourself and why you would like to work at Tusitala. Please send in your CV and portfolio, and an appropriate gif that best represents you to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.